Our activity contributes to the sustainability of the Czech Republic’s public finances and reduces the risk of the state becoming over-indebted. The opinions and reports we issue serve as inputs for the Czech government, the Chamber of Deputies and local and regional authorities so that they can plan and implement fiscal and budgetary policies as accurately and responsibly as possible.
According to the Act, the tasks of the Czech Fiscal Council include in particular:
- To evaluate compliance with the numerical fiscal rules
- To determine the amount of the debt and announce it the way laws are announced
- To prepare and submit to the Chamber of Deputies a report on the long-term sustainability of public finances and a report on compliance with the rules of budgetary responsibility
- To monitor general government finances
- To formulate an opinion on the calculation of the corrective component